Friday 3 August 2012

Loud thoughts

It's saturday night and am wide awake in bed having my 'me' time.
Thots keep racing through my mind....
I smile as i recall.

Years back, a friend of mine said to me, 'women hav fish brains'. I was offended but didnt show it. I laughed out sarcastically wondering why he made such a statement because i certainly didnt think i had a fish brain.

After a few years, i think i now understand what he was trying to say back then.

Women are moved by what they hear. A man would say tell a woman what she 'wants' to hear and she is all yours.

Women have the ability to believe and trust easily.
When a woman is in love with a man, she does not listen to the voice of reasoning, and no matter what you tell her about the man, she will not leave him easily.

So she starts dating him and one day they have an arguement and he raises his voice at her. She does not take note of that. The next time, he hits the wall with his fist.
She still does not take note. The next time, he attempts to slap her, but he refrains. She stil does not get the cue....and the next arguement lands her in a hospital. He apologizes with roses and sweet words and she takes him back.....only to begin a vicious circle.

I would not say she is weak and cant fight for herself. But i say Lord may i not cross paths with a man like that.

As i ponder on this trait, i realise that Jesus was surrounded by women in His ministry who seemed to believe what He said more than the men. Mary believed the resurrection and went to the tomb of Jesus that morning. When she went to inform the disciples, it was clear that they had some doubt(john 20:8-10).

A believing heart is not equal to stupidity and naiveity. But experiences have a way of hardening the heart. As for me i would keep my believing heart, learn lessons of life from the lives of other too, love whole heartedly, laugh always(even at myself), forget the things which are behind, always smile and do good, say i love you every chance i get, remember the Lord in my youth, and live a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment