Friday 3 August 2012

Most High

People always ask me why I seem to always be on some sort of high. My classmates say am hyper n have sooooooo much energy in me....a friend once asked me to give her some of the 'good stuff' I smoke every morning as soon as I get out of bed, the stuff dat seems to have a high blood/gas coefficient and potency...lmao!!
Another close friend recently said to me: 'you are the bubbliest person I have ever known'. Shocked, all I could say was 'really?? Pls say anything else but don't lie' was having a conversation with yet another friend who told me I always have a smile on my face. Am like Lord have mercy! What does the smile look like?:)
This got me thinking a bit.
See, In the twenty something years I have been existing on earth, I would never have called myself 'fun' or 'bubbly' or 'smily'...these are just words I would never have used to describe myself.

Growing up was not very fun. Living in a house with two brothers(have 3, the last wasn't even a zygote or a yolk sac at the time), I was always alone because they always used to play rough games and I didnt want as much as a scratch on my skin.
It was basically a lonely childhood. Little wonder most of my friends stare at me in disbelief when I admit I don't know how to play most of the games they all grew up playing( including the popular 'ten ten')

I was never timid..or shy, but would not consider myself a sanguine.
Always had a measure of seriousness in all that I did.

So, what happened? What happened to the loner, 'not so fun', quiet girl?

It happened 4years ago. Yes!! That was when the transformation happened...when I said a prayer to the Lord accepting Him as my Master.
Then I noticed the comments. Depression was a stranger to me. I didn't need alcohol or weed or sex to get me high.
I was on some high and still am....the God kind of high..

Smiling became so natural, laughing...an inseparable part of me...oh!!!the joy that filled my soul...words can't describe.

Nothing has changed, its been like that ever since. Some doubt its real and think I am not being exactly honest about why I am always happy....
In times of sorrow, the joy never diminishes..its a fruit of the spirit. It is here to stay:) and am loving it.

The bible says in the presence of the Lord there is fullness of joy...words can't describe.
People would do anything to be happy all the time. Comedians are making a lot of money because they make people happy and laugh for only awhile.

If you want to know the secret, you can do what I did 6years ago.....He is waiting to put that joy in your heart..the kind of joy that makes you stand out

No comments:

Post a Comment