Friday 3 August 2012

Lonely Path

When I hear 'certain' people mention a 'lonely path', I am usually very quick to think that such a person is probably in the ministry or really just a loner:)

I have been on quite a few lonely paths, but I seem to find myself on d one called 'self discovery'...yeah, I know it sounds like
a road I should have been on a long time ago.
Let's just say I was on it and I skidded off the road, but now I find myself there again.
But why lonely? I look around and I see just a few passersby, ditches and potholes called criticism, sarcasm and mistakes....oh!the mistakes. Just when I think I have dodged all the potholes, I see road blocks of fear, doubt, cowardice, rejection and manipulation. Wow! What a road!!
Been walking for miles and miles and but then I notice that at every point, there is a man dressed in white, so tall and huge with a bright smile, handing me a drink. The first man gave me a drink called faith, the second a drink called determination, the third handed me a drink labelled gumption, the forth called patience, the fifth called boldness and courage and the sixth called focus.
As I progress in my walk, I can see that I have come a long way...suddenly there are no more potholes...

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment